Tuesday, January 15, 2008

RedLine is Rediculous

All I want to do is go to work, to my new job no doubt, but for some reason, the train operators Northbound on the RedLine south of Sox/35th (the SoulStrain Line), don't seem to understand that although they are already at work, I'M TRYING TO GET THERE!!

Date: 15Jan08
Time: Approximately 6:45am
Train/Bus: RedLine
Direction: Northbound
Problem/Observation: After sitting at the 63rd Street station for 3 - 5 minutes without an announcement, we finally pulled away from the station. After moving about 2 blocks (slowly), we came to a stop...NO ANNOUNCEMENT. This was about 6:55am. I waited until 7:00am before I pressed the Blue Button. The operator ignored me. I pressed it again, only to be ignored...again. I pressed it in disgust and walked away. By this time, I was almost back to my seat on the other end of the train when the operator finally answered. THEN, the train started moving...or should I say creeping, toward 47th street.

Again we stopped just short of the 47th Street Station...this time with some delayed, garbled, incomprehensible jibbersh over the intercom about "...a train just ahead of us...blah blah blah...problems...blah blah blah...moving....shortly".

I BARELY got to my new job on the third day, on time.

No comments: